ping-pong navigation - bbz/strolling guide
c l i c k ' n ' s c r o l l [ & Back-Button ]
. . . (click) > links > > > > ( g e t ) > quotes - - > (push) Back-Button > > > > (scroll) > lists
hEads of the month -- hEadhypes
- "Bricklayer's last hurrah: Vontz Center"
-- "The far-out design of a U.C. building by a well-known architect ... 'The Bulgy Building,' 'Chubby Checker' or simply, 'The Building That Looks Like It's Going To Explode.'" (Curtis R, cbc_98.04.27)
- "The Visionary -- What Frank Gehry Is Really Like" (Feibleman P, t&c_May1998)
- "Not since Frank Lloyd Wright completed the concrete spiral in New York in 1959 has an art museum ... received so much preopening publicity." (Huxtable AL, "New Guggenheim ...," wsj_97.10.16) -- (opening 19-Oct97)
- "... But he is not well-known in his hometown of Los Angeles. In fact, if Gehry is known there at all, it's for a building he hasn't built." (abcn_97.10.09)
hEads f i r s t
M a x hEads
- "MOMA to Get $65 Million for Expansion"
-- "scheduled to begin in 2000 and be completed in time for the museum's 75th anniversary in 2004 ... nearly doubling the Modern's exhibition space to 650,000 sf" (Dubrzynski JH, nyt_98.04.24)
- "Taniguchi designs new MoMA space" (ap_97.12.10)
- "A Modest Someone Redoes the Modern" (Iovine JV, nyt_98.01.01)
- "The Modern Picks Taniguchi's Expansion Plan," (Muschamp H, nyt_97.12.09)
- "What the Modern May Look Like in the Future" (Muschamp H, nyt_97.05.03)
hairball hEads, hairball -envies -- other rock stars, sad sacks, cardiac cases, clowns
minehEads -- butting hEads
N E V E R M I N D t h e H e A D Q S . . . .
h e r e i s W H E R E 2 G O
n e x t )
( BBZ i n e --
r o a d m a p Z O O M )
- more press from rag-E-trade
( Y E S T E R D A Y )
hE a d l i n e s
g e n - p r e s s d i s p a t c h e s
less is more
n o m o r e j.p.e.g.
u n l e s s i t ' s a r c h i t e c t u r e
m i e s ' g.i.f.s - l o o s ' c r i m e
let html be what html wants to be
u n s t a b l e - f o r m l e s s - d e c o r a t e d a l p h a b e t
Ebloid Xpress |
The world of architecture in competitions,
theories, polemics, and propagandas. A chronicle of architecture's
devastating footnotes and critical trivia.
Thank you for your generous input and patronage. This
chronicle would have not been possible without your contribution,
curiosity, and colossal idleness. Please e-mail your information to
All submissions become the property of ArchE+/BBZine. They may be edited
and may be republished in any medium etc. etc. Have a nice day ... - Editors.
t r e
s p a
s s i n
Please e-mail us at ArchE+/BBZine
for your comments, suggestions, opinions, inquiries, corrections, and
any other information.
Copyright 1996 - 1999 BBZ i n e
All rights reserved.
d o n o t
t o u c h t
h e s e b u t
t o n s
c u r r e n t -
recent projects -
BBZ i n e
The chronicle of architecture in competitions, polemics,
commercials, trivia, and other nonsense.
a r c h i
t e c t u r e
- b.- b.- z. i
. n . e .
h y p e d
unbuilt works, on-going works, built works
revisited -- new competitions, pre-qualifications, competition results,
exhibitions, reviews -- delicious tidbits,
appalling statistics, useless scholarship
Please contact ArchE+/
BBZ i n e for your tips, kudos, and updates.
c o n t e n t s |
Ebloid Xpress |