ping-pong navigation - bbz/strolling guide
c l i c k ' n ' s c r o l l [ & Back-Button ]
. . . (click) > links > > > > ( g e t ) > quotes - - > (push) Back-Button > > > > (scroll) > lists
- "Jewish Museum in Berlin Is a Noted Architect's First Building"
-- "... winning a competition is actually the easy part of this job." (Daniel Libeskind, in Alan Riding, nyt_98.03.17)
- "Geometry in an Advertising Wrapper"
-- "Philip Johnson is back, with yet another plan for Times Square. ... Prudential is still shopping around." (Herbert Muschamp, nyt_98.03.05)
- previous hEadhypes: Bilbao/Gehry et al;
+ Ebloid Xpress
hEads f i r s t
- "Another Glass Ceiling Crumbles:
-- British architect Zaha Hadid will become the first woman to design a major U.S. art museum, having been chosen this week to create the new $25-million home ..." (Snow S, lat_98.03.27)
- "Zaha Hadid's New Frontiers Mining Cityscapes For Fragmented
Building Forms -- Hadid Charts Unknown Perspectives." (Sardar Z, sfe_98.01.19)
- "Drawing Board of Dreams -- ... a fanatical desire to build." (Ouroussoff N, lat_97.12.30)
- "Crossroads" Interview: Zaha Hadid (lat_97.12.30)
- former first-hEads: et al; + debate
- "Avalance of Visitors Flusters New Museum"
-- "Crowds find they need not just plan for visiting the Getty, but a strategy. ... use the rest rooms at the tram entrance before heading up ..."
(Sterngold J, nyt_98.04.03)
- "An LA Star Shine Anew -- the Getty Center, a gleaming Shangri-La of Culture, prepares for its opening." (Purdum TS, nyt_97.10.12)
- 're Ol'hEads: et al;
+ t r a f f i c
M a x hEads
hairball hEads, hairball -envies -- other rock stars, sad sacks, cardiac cases, clowns
- "The county says Bill Gates' new house on Lake Washington is worth more than $53 million. Gates wants a second opinion." (Tibbits G, ap_97.09.26)
- "Microsoft's Gates moving in to $60 million mansion" (rns_97.09.18)
- "Gates asked assessors to work from documents to prevent details of the home's security system from being entered into the public record," (pi_97.10.11)
- other hairballs : et al;
less is more
n o m o r e j.p.e.g.
u n l e s s i t ' s a r c h i t e c t u r e
m i e s ' g.i.f.s - l o o s ' c r i m e
let html be what html wants to be
u n s t a b l e - f o r m l e s s - d e c o r a t e d a l p h a b e t
Ebloid Xpress |
The world of architecture in competitions,
theories, polemics, and propagandas. A chronicle of architecture's
devastating footnotes and critical trivia.
Thank you for your generous input and patronage. This
chronicle would have not been possible without your contribution,
curiosity, and colossal idleness. Please e-mail your information to
All submissions become the property of ArchE+/BBZine. They may be edited
and may be republished in any medium etc. etc. Have a nice day ... - Editors.
t r e
s p a
s s i n
Please e-mail us at ArchE+/BBZine
for your comments, suggestions, opinions, inquiries, corrections, and
any other information.
Copyright 1996 - 2004 BBZ i n e
All rights reserved.
d o n o t
t o u c h t
h e s e b u t
t o n s
c u r r e n t -
recent projects -
BBZ i n e
The chronicle of architecture in competitions, polemics,
commercials, trivia, and other nonsense.
a r c h i
t e c t u r e
- b.- b.- z. i
. n . e .
h y p e d
unbuilt works, on-going works, built works
revisited -- new competitions, pre-qualifications, competition results,
exhibitions, reviews -- delicious tidbits,
appalling statistics, useless scholarship
Please contact ArchE+/
BBZ i n e for your tips, kudos, and updates.
site map |
Ebloid Xpress |