Boston : red brick
Boston : ICA
- "Enlightenment in Boston"
-- "If knowledge expels darkness, the Menino administration should
be lighting up Boston neighborhoods for decades to come." (Editorial, bg_00.01.21) *** more + big play
- "Remembering John Lautner, Who Hated and Loved Los Angeles"
-- "Five years after the death of the architect ... two excellent tributes ..." (nyt_00.01.20)
- "SFO seeks fresh ideas on runways "
-- "Commission OKs global competition for innovative design in $2.5 billion plan to expand airport" (Ryan Kim, sfc_00.01.19)
- "S.F. Airport Design Contest Seeks New Runway Solutions"
-- "$250,000 offered for environmentally sound innovation" (Michael McCabe, Jonathan Curiel, sfc_00.01.19)
- "Looking through glass at an MFA redesign "
-- "Spencer de Grey is a Foster and Partners veteran of 27 years, a Commander of the British Empire, the architect in charge of the MFA project, and a jolly English gentleman of impeccable pedigree. His late father, Sir Roger de Grey, was ..." (Christine Temin, bg_00.01.19)
- "Monstrous Blancmange"
-- "Freelance architectural critic Charles Windsor filed another review last week." (wsj_00.01.19)
- "Lending Squeeze Damps Building Development"
-- "There's virtually no office space available in downtown Boston. ...But it seems as though the only cranes on the Boston skyline are working on the Big Dig ..." (Jeffrey Krasner, wsj_00.01.19)
- "Donald's Wealth Estimates Trump Reality"
-- "Donald exaggerates sometimes. He's talking of futures." (Abraham Wallach, Mr Trump's aide, executive vice president of Trump Organization, in Linda Sandler, wsj_00.01.19)
- "Washington Monument scaffolding for sale, may be headed for Minneapolis"
-- "Minneapolis-based Target is negotiating to purchase the 37 miles of aluminum and nylon for several million dollars ..." (ap/sfg_00.01.13)
- "Monumental Aluminum"
-- "Target Stores, wants to buy it and rebuild it at one-half scale in a park near the Minneapolis Institute of Art" (wsj_00.01.19)
- "Berlin Mayor to Snub Holocaust Rite"
-- "In what appears to be a calculated insult, Mr. Diepgen has said that his agenda is too full to attend the ceremony Jan 27 ..." (Roger Cohen, iht/nyt_00.01.18)
- "Berkeley professor to help choose design of national monument"
-- "It's one of the greatest honors of my life," (Randy Hester, in Debra Levi Holtz, sfe_00.01.17)
- What the architects really think
- French Elegance
- The thin green line
- Transforming Berlin
- American waistline
- London pet cause
continued ... to previous hEadlines
go back to current hEadlines
hEadliners of the month