- "Carnegie Science Center announces $90 million expansion"
-- "They're hoping for a spectacular, eye catching design, in which part of the new building might even arch out over water." (Tom Barnes, ppg_00.10.25)
- "Koolhaas' High-Art Stakes"
-- "The pragmatic hand of an architect unafraid of risks is at work in designs for two galleries at Vegas' Venetian." (Nicolai Ouroussoff, lat_00.10.25)
- "Architects Submit Four Proposals for New Headquarters for The Times"
-- "Prismatic, polymorphous, scintillating and starkly angular ..." (David W Dunlap, nyt_00.09.14)
- "Toaster's architect pops up"
-- "The Toaster, Sydney's favourite architectural whipping boy, will be the subject of a public talk by its designer, Andrew Andersons, ... the first time the much-castigated architect has spoken publicly about the development." (Geraldine O'Brien, smh_00.10.20)
*** previous, + sour note, + droit de seignur, + toasted
- "MoMA's Peer Review"
-- "The City, Neighbors and Others Weigh In on Its Building Plan; Don't Forget the Stained Glass." (Lee Rosenbaum, wsj_00.10.17)
- "Newest Architects Toss Away Their Squares"
-- "Computers Allow Creation Of Eccentric Designs; Bubbles, Zippers Are In" (Linda Sandler, wsj_00.09.27)
- "Design That Coaxes Buildings Out of Themselves"
-- "And what, by the way, is the status of Eisenman's fine plan?" (Herbert Muschamp, nyt_00.09.10)
- "Can a Frenchman Inspire the Heart of Beijing?"
-- "Forty Years in Coming, a Theater Still Arouses Fierce Passions; Is It a Pearl or a Duck Egg?" (Sheila Melvin, wsj_00.09.06)
- "Helmut Jahn's Vision: Building Without Walls"
-- "Architect Says US Lags Europe in Technology But Is Ahead on Form" (Dagmar Aalund, wsj_00.08.30)
- "The 'Unbuildable' Buildings of Zaha Hadid"
-- "A visionary architect who had completed only three buildings in her career now has seven in progress." (Lesley Downer, wsj_00.08.11)
- "Space Age ... There's a place for everything ...
-- "If design awards mean anything ..., rather than a collective pat on the back for architects, ..." (Geraldine O'Brien, smh_00.07.01)
- "An industrial-strength talent"
-- "It's been a good few weeks for Sam Marshall: a marriage, a baby on the way and, just to cap it off, the Wilkinson Award ..." (Geraldine O'Brien, smh_00.07.01)
continued to ... recent hEadlines
go back to current hEadlines
hEadlines of the month -- divas